Web Browser - Version and Configuration
RECOMMENDED: INTERNET EXPLORER VERSION 8.0 OR FIREFOX 10
Note that there are a number of SSL issues within the IE 6 browser that can disable a user's ability to effectively use e-OSCAR. If there are any browser-related issues, please be certain to check the Microsoft Web Site to determine if there are any new issues that have been brought up relating to handling SSL.
DOCUMENT IMAGE ENHANCEMENT REQUIREMENTS:
Please consult with company's internal Information Technology (IT) and Security resources. Your IT or security resources may be able to provide information regarding the specific settings and viewer(s) that are authorized for your company.
- If you are experiencing difficulty in accessing and displaying the e-OSCAR website, please have your IT team review the following information to determine whether this Microsoft article is applicable to your company's environment.
Microsoft support has identified a bug affecting Windows Server 2003-based or Windows XP-based computer systems. The bug prevents the system from obtaining a certificate if the CA is configured to use SHA2 256 encryption or higher encryption (SHA2 384 or SHA2 512). The e-OSCAR certificate Authority (CA) is configured to use SHA2 256 encryption. Microsoft has released information and a hotfix for this issue: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;968730. (July 2012)
THE KEY BROWSER SETTINGS INCLUDE:
- Enable Cookies
- Do not show Friendly HTTP Error messages
- Adjust the Browser Cache Settings to Check for a new version of the page for each visit
TO DETERMINE IF THESE OPTIONS ARE ENABLED USE THE FOLLOWING STEPS:
- Launch Internet Explorer.
- Select the Tools Menu and select Internet Options.
- This will launch a tabbed window where each of the settings may be checked.
- To check whether cookies are enabled select the Privacy Tab and ensure that the browser security is set to a Medium or lower setting.
- To determine if your are showing friendly http error messages go to the Advanced Tab and scroll down to ensure that 'Show Friendly HTTP Error Messages is unchecked'.
- To determine if the browser is set to load a new version of the page each time the page is visited select the General tab and press the Settings button within the Temporary Internet files section. Select the radio button that says to reload 'Every Visit to the Page'.
Call the e-OSCAR Help Desk at (866) MY OSCAR or (866) 696-7227 from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. ET Monday through Friday.